Introduction to Commercial Management
COURSES BY ELEVATE BC
Commercial and Contract Management
In this session, we will consider the role and purpose of Commercial Management – including key responsibilities and methods for effective contract management, in the context of the contracting lifecycle – from conceptualisation and bid writing to negotiation, delivery and contract closure.
WHO CAN TAKE PART
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to learn more about Commercial and Contract Management, including how Commercial Management supports practitioners to minimise contract risk and maximise contract profitability.
Participants will develop an understanding of the importance of sound commercial management in achieving successful and profitable contracts.
1hr online session
The expert leading this course is Dr Rhian Thomas
You can get 20% off all courses when you join our membership
Understand the role of Commercial Management in contracting
- Including key responsibilities and activities across the contracting lifecycle.
Be aware of and understand the Contracting Lifecycle
- Including the multiple stages of the contracting lifecycle, from conceptualisation and bid writing to negotiation, delivery and closure.
Understand fundamental Contract Management practices
- Including identifying and managing risk, reviewing contract performance and the importance of key commercial principles including protecting intellectual property and managing liabilities.
- Respectful Participation: Create a safe and supportive learning environment for all participants
Support and Resources
- A summary pack with key information from the session.
- Follow-on sessions with RhT for consultancy support and in-depth training on a particular aspect of Commercial & Contract Management, subject to agreed terms.
- LinkedIn page of The Commercial Toolkit regularly posts tips and guidance on Commercial & Contract Management.
- The information shared is proprietary and considered confidential and should not be circulated further without prior approval of author. Any and all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the training materials remain vested in The Commercial Toolkit. Participants are not entitled to copy translate or otherwise reproduce in whole or in part any of the information provided in the training material other than with the written permission of TCT.
- TCT shall not be responsible or liable for the level of attainment reached by individuals participating in training courses nor for their ability to practically apply, whether generally or for any specified or known purpose, the information or training provided by TCT.
- Any information provided does not constitute legal advice.
HOW IS THIS COURSE DELIVERED?
To secure a spot in the upcoming sessions of this course, please enquire below.
All sessions will be delivered online via our exclusive platform with your instructor or can be adapted to on location. Please enquire below.
As an accomplished business woman and experienced Non-Exec Director Marian continues to set a blazing trail making her an ideal Ambassador and Workshop Presenter for Women on Boards UK. Her passion and dedication to supporting ambitious individuals at Elevate BC is echoed in her efforts on our teamFiona Hathorn
CEO of WOB UK and Portfolio NED. Governance, Diversity & Investment Oversight Committees (She/Her)
Working with Marian is always an absolute pleasure. She exudes the perfect combination of professionalism and fun, whilst being one of the leading lights in her field of expertise. I look forward to a time when working with Marian will be a far more regular thing, I have no doubt that there are more exciting times ahead.Huw Bates
Co founder & MD for Haka
EXCLUSIVE MEMBERSHIP NETWORK
GET 20% OFF ALL COURSES WITH THE ELEVATE MEMBERSHIP
The exclusive membership network that provides you with everything you need to maximise your potential for business growth and success.
We can’t wait to connect with you and support you on this journey.