This course aims to clarify the differences between management and leadership, focusing on the unique skills, qualities, and strategies that define each role. It equips participants with a comprehensive understanding of these roles and how to effectively combine great management and leadership skills for success in various professional contexts.
- None. This course is suitable for individuals at all career stages.
- 12 weeks
Throughout this course you will learn how to:
- Differentiate between management and leadership roles, functions, and attributes.
- Develop core management skills, including planning, organizing, and operational excellence.
- Cultivate leadership qualities such as vision, motivation, and team-building.
- Understand the importance of adaptability and flexibility in leadership.
- Apply management and leadership skills to real-world scenarios.
- Balance and integrate management and leadership effectively in a professional context.
Assessment and Grading:
- Participation: 20%
- Management Assignments: 25%
- Leadership Assignments: 25%
- Integrated Management and Leadership Project: 30%
- “Leaders Eat Last” by Simon Sinek
- “The Practice of Management” by Peter Drucker
- Access to course materials and online resources
- Attendance Policy: Regular attendance is expected.
- Respectful Participation: Create a safe and supportive learning environment for all participants.
Support and Resources:
- Online Discussion Forum for Q&A
- Additional Reading and Research Materials
Disclaimer: Course content and schedule are subject to change at the instructor’s discretion.