Your instructor: Marian Evans
This course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of psychological safety in teams and its critical role in fostering a healthy, productive, and innovative team environment. Psychological safety is the foundation upon which trust, open communication, and collaboration are built.
Participants will explore the concepts, theories, and practical skills necessary to create a psychologically safe space. By the end of this course, participants will be equipped to promote psychological safety, enhance team dynamics, and improve overall team performance.
This course is a 4-week program, consisting of 4 two-hour sessions. It is designed to be delivered as a series of live sessions with interactive activities, discussions, and practical exercises. Additionally, participants are encouraged to engage in team-based projects outside of modules to apply the principles of psychological safety in real-world scenarios.
Understand the concept of psychological safety in teams.
• Define psychological safety and its significance in team dynamics.|
• Recognise the impact of psychological safety on team performance and individual well-being.
Demonstrate the skills to create a psychologically safe team environment.
• Learn to foster trust, openness, and inclusivity within a team.
• Develop the ability to give and receive constructive feedback effectively.
Apply strategies for promoting and sustaining psychological safety.
• Identify common barriers to psychological safety and how to overcome them.
• Create an action plan to promote psychological safety within one’s own team or organisation.
Throughout the course, participants will engage in discussions, group activities, role-play exercises, and case studies to reinforce their understanding of psychological safety and its practical application in teams. By the end of the course, they will possess the knowledge and skills needed to promote psychological safety, improve team dynamics, and create an environment where team members feel valued, respected, and empowered to contribute their best work.